The gilda is one of the simplest tapas to make. It is actually a pintxo (peen-cho) that originated in Pais Vasco, in the Basque Country. You will see these in most bars if you visit San Sebastian!
Ingredients – For one gilda:
- 2 guindilla peppers*
- 2 pitted green Spanish olives*
- 1 Spanish anchovy* or ½ if large
- Skewer* or toothpick
- Olive oil*
These are really simple to make. Buy all the ingredients by the jar and just start putting them together on skewers until you run out . . .or have desired amount of gildas.
Place the ingredients on the skewer in this order:
- First one olive,
- Then, one end of the anchovy.
- Next, place two guindilla peppers with the stems removed.
- Put the other end of the anchovy on so it wraps around the peppers.
- Finish it off with one more olives.
When you have completed all of your gildas arrange them on the plate and drizzle a little olive oil over them and enjoy!
*All are available for you in The Spanish Square Market